Welcome to the world of adorable onesies and tiny baby clothes! If you’re a new parent or caregiver, mastering the art of folding those itty-bitty garments can be a game-changer.
No more struggling with messy piles in drawers or searching for that elusive matching set amidst the chaos. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the steps on how to fold baby onesies like a pro – neat, organized, and oh-so-cute! Get ready to transform your nursery into a perfectly folded paradise where finding that perfect outfit is as easy as 1-2-3. Let’s dive in!
Folding a baby onesie may seem like a daunting task, but with a few simple steps, you’ll be able to fold them like a pro in no time. Follow this step-by-step guide on how to fold a baby onesie and make your laundry routine much easier.
- Lay out the Onesie – Start by laying the onesie flat on a clean surface. Make sure that all the snaps are undone, and the sleeves are flattened out.
- Fold in Half – Take one side of the onesie and fold it towards the centre, lining up the edges as neatly as possible. Repeat this step with the other side so that both sides meet at the centre of the onesie.
- Fold Sleeves Inward – Next, take one sleeve and fold it inward towards the centre of the onesie. The folded edge should line up with where you folded it in half earlier. Repeat this step for the other sleeve.
- Tuck Bottom Part Inwards – Fold about an inch or two of fabric from the bottom part of the onesie towards its backside. This will create a neat edge at the bottom of your folded onesie.
- Fold From Top to Bottom – Now that all parts have been neatly tucked in, start folding from top to bottom. Take about one-third of the top part and fold it down towards its middle section.
Preparing the onesie for folding (removing any stains or wrinkles)
Preparing the onesie for folding is an important step in ensuring that your little one’s clothing stays clean and organized. Before you start folding, it’s essential to remove any stains or wrinkles from the onesie to avoid damaging the fabric or leaving unpleasant residues on your baby’s clothes.
Here are some steps to follow when preparing your onesie for folding:
- Check for Stains: The first thing you should do before folding a onesie is to check if there are any stains on it. Babies can be messy, and their clothes often end up with food, drool, spit-up, or diaper leaks. It’s crucial to address these stains before they set in and become difficult to remove.
- Pre-Treat Stains: If you find any stains on the onesie, pre-treating them will help ensure successful stain removal later on. You can use a gentle baby detergent or a stain remover specifically designed for babies’ delicate skin. Follow the instructions on the product label and apply it directly onto the stain before washing.
- Wash Thoroughly: Once you have treated any stains on the onesie, wash it thoroughly according to the care instructions on the label. Use a mild detergent that is free of harsh chemicals and fragrances, as these can irritate your baby’s sensitive skin.
- Dry Properly: After washing, make sure to dry the onesie properly before attempting to fold it. You can either hang-dry it or use a dryer at a low.
Folding the arms and legs inwards
Folding baby onesies can be a tricky task, especially when you’re dealing with wiggly little ones. But once you get the hang of it, folding them properly can make your life a lot easier. One of the most important steps in folding baby onesies is to fold the arms and legs inwards. This technique not only makes the onesie more compact and space-saving, but it also helps keep all those tiny pieces together.
To begin this process, lay the onesie flat on a clean surface with the front side facing up. Make sure all buttons or snaps are undone, and any tags are tucked inside to avoid irritation for your little one.
- Please start with the arms: Take one arm at a time and gently fold it towards the centre of the onesie, making sure that it is symmetrical and straight. The component should be folded inwards at about a 45-degree angle from the body of the onesie.
- Repeat on both sides: Once you have one arm neatly folded inwards, repeat the same process on the other side with the remaining arm. Make sure both arms are aligned parallel to each other and evenly placed in line with each other.
- Fold down from top to bottom: Now, take hold of both shoulders of the onesie and bring them together so that they meet approximately halfway down towards where your baby’s waist would be. Ensure that all edges are aligned along this newly formed horizontal crease.
Bringing the sides together and tucking
When it comes to folding baby onesies, one of the most important steps is bringing the sides together and tucking them in. This not only creates a neat and compact fold but also helps to prevent wrinkles and keep the onesie in place.
To start, lay the onesie flat on a clean surface with the front facing down. Please take the right side of the onesie and bring it over towards the centre, making sure to align any sleeves or armholes neatly.
Next, take the left side of the onesie and do the same, overlapping it slightly with the right side. Make sure that both sides are evenly aligned before moving on to tucking them in.
To tuck in the sides, start at one end (either top or bottom) and slowly roll upwards towards where you want to tuck them in. This will create a tight roll that keeps all parts of the folded onesie secure.
Once you have reached your desired point for tucking in, carefully insert one end into itself. You can also opt to tuck both ends into each other for added security. Make sure that no loose edges are sticking out.
Repeat this process on both sides until you have a neatly folded square shape with all sides tucked in securely. You can then proceed to fold up from either top or bottom (whichever is easier for you) until you have a small compact bundle.
Final steps to make a neat and compact fold
Once you have successfully folded your baby onesie in half and then into thirds, there are a few final steps to ensure a neat and compact fold. These steps will not only make storing and organizing your baby’s onesies easier, but they will also help keep them wrinkle-free.
- Smooth out any wrinkles: Before proceeding with the final folding steps, take a moment to smooth out any wrinkles on the onesie. This will ensure a clean and polished look for the final result.
- Tuck in the sleeves: To create a neat and compact fold, it is important to tuck in the sleeves of the onesie. Start by gently pulling one sleeve towards the centre of the garment, making sure it is straight and aligned with the side seam. Repeat this step with the other sleeve.
- Fold down from the neckline: Next, fold down about an inch or two from the neckline towards the bottom of the onesie. This creates a clean edge at the top of your folded onesie and helps keep everything in place.
- Fold up from the bottom: Now, fold up about an inch or two from the bottom hemline towards the top of your folded onesie. Make sure to align this fold with both sides of your previous folds.
- Smooth out any remaining wrinkles: Take another moment to smooth out any remaining wrinkles on your folded onesie before proceeding with tucking in loose edges.
Tips for organizing and storing folded baby onesies
Collecting and storing folded baby onesies can be a daunting task, especially when you have a lot of them. However, with some simple tips and tricks, you can easily keep your little one’s wardrobe tidy and accessible. Here are some useful tips for organizing and storing folded baby onesies:
- Sort by size: The first step to managing baby onesies is to sort them by size. This will not only make it easier for you to find the right size when dressing your baby but also help in storing them efficiently.
- Use dividers or baskets: Once sorted by size, use walls or baskets to keep each size group separate. You can use closet dividers that hang on the clothing rod or stackable storage baskets to keep things neat and organized.
- Labelling: If you have multiple children or plan on passing down clothes, labelling each basket or divider with the appropriate size is a great idea. This will save you time when looking for specific measures and prevent mix-ups.
- Fold neatly: To ensure that your baby’s onesies stay wrinkle-free, it is crucial to fold them carefully. Start by laying the onesie flat on a clean surface with the front facing down. Then, fold the sleeves towards the back of the garment and fold it in half from top to bottom.
- Consider rolling instead of folding: Another way to save space in your drawers or storage bins is by rolling instead of folding your baby’s onesies.
Alternative methods for folding baby onesies
When it comes to folding baby onesies, the traditional folding method may not be suitable for everyone. Whether you’re a busy parent looking for a quicker solution or someone who wants to add a touch of creativity to their little one’s wardrobe, there are alternative methods that can be used to fold baby onesies.
In this section, we will explore some of these alternative methods and how they can make your life easier.
- Rolling Method: The rolling method is a simple and efficient way to fold baby onesies, especially if you have limited storage space. To start, lay the onesie flat on a surface with the back facing up. Then, fold one side of the onesie over towards the centre and repeat with the other side so that both sides meet in the middle. Next, starting from the bottom edge, tightly roll up the onesie until it reaches the top edge. Tuck in any loose ends, and you’ll have a compact rolled-up onesie that is easy to store.
- KonMari Folding Technique: Made popular by Marie Kondo’s bestselling book “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up,” this folding technique not only saves space but also allows you to see all your baby’s clothes at once. Begin by laying out the onesie on a flat surface with the front facing down and fold one side over towards the centre about two-thirds of its width. Repeat with the other side so that both sides overlap slightly in the middle.
When it comes to caring for your baby’s clothes, folding them properly is an important step in keeping them neat and organized. This is especially true for onesies, which are a staple in any baby’s wardrobe. Not only does proper folding help save space in your little one’s dresser, but it also ensures that the onesies stay in good condition and are easy to find when you need them.
In addition to the basic folding technique discussed above, there are a few other tips and tricks that can come in handy when it comes to folding baby onesies. Here are some additional methods that you may find useful:
- Rolling Method: This method is perfect for saving space and creating a tidy look in your baby’s dresser. To fold using this technique, lay the onesie flat on a surface with the front facing down. Fold the sides towards the centre of the garment so that they meet at the middle seam of the back. Next, fold the bottom portion of the onesie up towards the top until it reaches just below where you folded from both sides earlier. Starting from either side, roll up tightly until you get the neckline of the onesie.
- Diaper Fold: If you want to keep your baby’s onesies together with their matching pants or leggings, then this method is perfect for you. Lay out both pieces flat on top of each other so that they match up perfectly at their edges and seams. Then, fold them both together in half horizontally before rolling.